American Health Education, founded in 2003, is a private institution approved to operate by the Bureau for Private Post-Secondary Education (BPPE)-see attachments below. Approval to operate means we are in compliance with the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009.
We offer EMT Basic-Initial training and recertification, specialized training programs for registered nurses, State Fire Marshal Officer Training, and American Heart Association certification courses. Weekday and weekend classes are offered in our Dublin location. In addition, onsite training can be arranged for group trainings at local hospitals, fire departments or surgery centers. Our standard office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
You can contact the State of California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
- (916) 431-6959
- (888) 370-7589
6761 Sierra Court Suite G, Dublin CA 94568
American Health Education is dedicated to providing high-quality, hands-on training to those who wish to start or advance their healthcare careers. We offer a variety of weekday and weekend courses in emergency services, continuing nurse education, and fire officer advancement. We are committed to preparing our students with the knowledge, skills, and competencies necessary to excel in their field, and are proud to foster graduates who go on to save lives and serve in their communities.
American Health Education wants to help you take the next step in your career. Our vision is to provide outstanding education that prepares students for real-world challenges and professional advancement in the EMS, nursing, and fire vocations.…We live our core values to provide our students with an excellent experience at our school:
1. Integrity: Our goal is to ensure that all education is conducted in an honest and ethical manner, adhering to all state educational requirements.
2. Student Service: From registration to graduation we provide personal service in a setting primed for learning. Our class sizes offer a low student-to-teacher ratio, providing opportunity for students to closely interact with instructors and an administrative staff who are readily
available to assist.
3. Academic Accomplishment: When our students are successful, we are successful. Our students are a direct reflection of our instructors, staff, and programs. We rally behind our EMT students, nursing, and fire professionals, offering guidance as they work to achieve their
academic and career goals.
4. Instructor Excellence: Our instructors are field-experienced professionals who meet educational and practice criteria, demonstrating deep knowledge of subject matter and offering cutting-edge curriculum in their areas of expertise.
5. Community-Focused: We take pride in providing an alternative learning path for students and professionals who provide much-needed emergency, medical, and fire services in our local communities.
All American Health Education faculty are required to have a minimum of five (5) years field experience in EMT-Basic and/or EMT-Paramedic, have attended a 40 hours instructional methodology class or equivalent, and maintain a current Paramedic license. All AHE continuing education instructors meet the instructor requirements of the California Board of Registered Nursing. They maintain a current valid license, have at least five (5) years teaching experience, are knowledgeable, current, and skillful in the subject matter as demonstrated by a baccalaureate or higher degree, and have validated teaching experience in the subject matter.
- State of California Board of Registered Nursing- CE Provider #13935
- Alameda County Emergency Medical Services- CE Provider #01-0033
I enjoyed this course very much and I definitely feel it was effective. The instructors all kept things fun and enjoyable. I really appreciate all of the opportunities offered to the students to study. It feels like the class flew by and we learned a lot in two months. All of the instructors were very knowledgeable and shared their real life stories with us. Thank you for providing this service.
I really enjoyed this class. This was my 1st step towards emergency medicine. Now I realize that this is what I love. All the teachers...made this class memorable. The teachers were able to take the book and add a ton of personal experiences and practical applications. All the teachers encouraged questions and made this a great environment for learning.
One of the amazing elements of this course has been the extensive roster of instructors we have had the privilege to learn from. The instructors were not only knowledgeable, but relayed the information in an interesting, and often humorous way. No matter the circumstances, each instructor taught with obvious commitment and dedication to teaching.
AHA AT WORK
NEED HELP? GIVE US A QUICK CALL
Our standard office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.